Sunday, February 18, 2007

Old School

So I finally spent the $20 and got an adapter ring so I can use Mom's old screw-mount lenses from her old Pentax 35mm camera on my shiny Pentax *istDL digital camera. They fit perfectly, and after messing with some of the settings I was able to shoot some pictures.

Because the old lenses were made before anyone even though about auto focus, I have to set everything manually on the camera, which is nice because it gets me back to my photographic roots, so to speak.

The 50mm lens, the old standard, is great because it has a huge focus range and an aperture range of 1.8-16, so it can let in a lot more light than my zoom lenses, which means I can shoot at a faster shutter speed in lower light.

If all of this is Greek to you, just check out the pictures of Rachel and Sparky I took this morning. I love they way they came out...there's just something about those old lenses that make pictures look better!

Rachel 2-18-07

Rachel and Sparky 2-18-07

Rachel and Sparky 2-18-07

Rachel 2-18-07

No comments:

Post a Comment