Friday, April 04, 2008

What's Old is New Again

I just received my Grandparent's 'weather station' this evening via UPS (thanks, Mom for sending it!). You know the one...it used to hang just to the right of the doorway. Here...let me show you:



OK, so not the most flattering picture of Grandma, but it's the only one I could find that showed where this thing was in her house.

Anyway, as you can tell from the picture, it has three dials on it. A thermometer, a barometer and a hygrometer (You know, it measures the humidity. Ha! Betcha didn't know that I actually knew the name for that. Well, I didn't. I had to look it up.)

It's been hanging in that same spot in Grandma's house for as long as I can remember. In fact, when I think of Grandma's house, it's one of the first things I remember. So anyway, when we were up north, I told Mom I was going to take it with me, and she said something about it needing a good cleaning. So when I got it this evening, I set about trying to clean it.

It's amazing what a difference a little glass cleaner can make. These first two were taken after I'd cleaned the thermometer, but not the other two:

cleaning
IMG_0277.JPG


And you can see what cleaning just half of the face of the barometer looked like:

IMG_0279.JPG


Now it's all clean and shiny, and hanging in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment