Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rachel's Deep Thoughts 8-10-10

"Daddy, when Emily was inside of Mommy, why was her tummy so big?"
"Well, Rachel, because she had a baby inside her. Your tummy would be big, too, if you had a baby inside of you."
"When I get bigger I want a baby inside my tummy"
"You do?"
"Yes. What will you name it?"
"Well, sweetie, if you have a baby when you grow up, it's not my baby to name. It would be your baby. Mommies and Daddies get to name their own little boys or little girls whatever they want to name them.
"I don't want it to be a boy. I want a girl."
(Stifling laughter) "Honey, you don't get to choose."
"But why not? Why can't Mommies and Daddies choose if they want to have a boy or a girl?"
"That's just the way it works. You get what you get."

Posted via email from Laleblog

No comments:

Post a Comment