Sunday, May 21, 2006

Do they still play the blues in Chicago

When baseball season rolls around?

The answer this year is yes, if you're a Cubs fan. This is pretty much how our year is going so far.


My parents raised me as a Cubs fan, which means that I'm a pessimist. Even when the team is doing well, I always have a feeling that it's going to go south. That carries over to every sports team I like.

The other night, Monica and I were discussing the Spurs must win game 6 against the Mavs, and I said that I was sure they would lose. When she asked me why, I said, "Because I'm a Cubs fan, and that's how we work."

We never expect to win, which is why winning is so much sweeter for us. We don't expect it, and if we start to expect it, they're bound to disappoint us.

That's why the Cubs win over the Sox today was so sweet...because we all knew in our hearts that they were going to get swept.

No comments:

Post a Comment