Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another NEW CAR!

Monkey see, monkey do.

Actually, I had been thinking about a new ride for quite a while. As much as I loved that truck, my commute every day was killing me in gas, and I didn't use the truck as it was intended often enough to justify the $60 per week it was costing me to fill 'er up.

So I researched, and I worked the numbers, and I researched some more. And this is what I came up with:

Sweet

A 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. Sporty, yet a family car. Great power(175 HP), but awesome gas mileage. It gets 34 MPG highway, and will save me somewhere in the range of $1000 a year in gas.

It's the first brand new car I've ever owned. Yup, that's right, I'm 35 years old, and this is the first time I've ever purchased a new car. It's also the first car I've ever financed for less than 5 years. I'll have this one paid off by the time Rachel is 4 (that's 36 months, for the math-impaired).

My new ride

I'm amazed at the leg room in this thing. I can actually stretch my legs out completely in the driver's seat.

I did have to change one thing right away, though. I got new wheels put on it. I hated the stock wheels, but wasn't going to pay the dealer $1200 for new ones. I went to Discount Tire today and got the ones you see here.

Nice rear

No comments:

Post a Comment