Sunday, January 22, 2006

Winter has arrived

After weeks and weeks of endless sunshine and spring-like temperatures, it has finally turned rainy and chilly in south Texas. I still refuse to say that it's cold, because, honestly, these people down here don't know cold. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not breaking out the ski jacket to head outside.

It's an interesting thing that happens when you live where it's warm (OK, freakin' hot) for most of the year. Your blood thins out, and you become a cold wuss, and this next paragraph will exemplify that:

Yesterday, we took puppy and peanut to the dog park (of course, we have to take peanut everywhere, since it's living inside Monica), and it was in the mid 50's, which isn't bad, but the wind! My God, you'd have thought we were in Chicago the way the wind was howling. I was wearing a sweatshirt and fleece and I was freezing. I was so ready to go home after 15 minutes, but Sparky was having such a good time playing with the dogs of the 5 other insane people that were there, we decided to tough it out.

See? Cold wuss. I know those of you that live north of the Mason-Dixon line are going, "It was in the 50's! Do you know what we'd give to have a day in January in the 50's?!"

We actually cancelled our planned trip to the coast because it was just too cold, and walking along the beach when it's 50 and windy just didn't sound like that much fun.

Have I mentinoed lately how much I don't miss the winters up north?

Thank God this will be over in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment