Monday, February 06, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

My camera broke last weekend, so I didn't get any really good pictures at the rodeo this past weekend. Monica and I took our nieces Rebecca and Claudia to the carnival part of the rodeo on Saturday. We also took them through almost all of the animal barns, which was cool because these city kids don't get to see a lot of livestock up close and personal-like.

This week is hectic. In addition to starting another pilot program at one of my schools (this time with email), and teaching a 6-week online class, and trying to clean out the spare room, I'm also preparing for my presentation at TCEA on Thursday. I'm actually going to Austin Wednesday and spending the night. I'm really finished with my presentation, but I need to rehearse, because I'm taking a new approach to powerpoint. After watching Lawrence Lessig's talk on Free Culture, I decided to adopt his style of presentation, which one of my colleagues called "minimalist powerpoint."

I'm really going to have to get my timings down, though, so I don't look like a bumbling idiot in front of a room full of people.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment