Monday, February 27, 2006

In San Antonio, a live truck in your neighborhood is never a good sign...

Our quiet little neighborhood has been in the news twice today.

Twice. In one day.

This morning, there was a story on the news about some crazy-ass who locked himself in an ex-girlfriend's garage and slashed himself with a knife. The style of the house looked like the ones in our neighborhood, so I Google Mapped the street name and found out it was the street that's behind our house. Not exactly in our neighborhood, but close enough.

This evening, on my way home, I passed a KENS 5 live truck coming out of our neighborhood, and when I turned on the street to get to our house, a WOAI live truck was sitting at the corner...1/2 a block down from our house (and screwing up traffic, I might add...not that I'd expect any less from WOAI).

Turns out a girl that lives down the street from us was attacked by a home invader earlier today. She had stayed home sick from school, and had awakened to the man standing in her living room. She fought him off, but got slashed by a knife in the process.

This does not make me feel comfortable about going to Dallas and leaving Monica here for 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment