Friday, June 09, 2006

Like Christmas Morning

I should still be asleep. I should have slept a lot more than I did, but I feel like the kid in the Disney commercial: "I'm too excited to sleep!"

In a matter of minutes, the insanity is going to start. I'm going to repack our bags, make a final check of the house, make sure we have everything, put gas in Monica's car, call the hospital to make sure they have room for us, and finally, off we'll go.

I told Monica yesterday, that maybe Rachel will come quickly and be born at 9:09 on the 9th, since I was born at 15:15 on the 15th. Nine seems to be our number. We were married on the 9th (just 11 months ago!), and now our child will (God willing) be born on the 9th.

The next time we wake up in this house, it will be to the sound of our daughter needing attention, and I couldn't be more excited. I'll post pictures soon.

Thanks so much to all of you who have given us support and gifts and advice through this whole thing. It mean so much to us to have such caring, loving people around us.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    I hope all goes well! My best...

    Enjoy!

    Hugs,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 PM

    The hix in the corn and soy fields of central IL send you blessings, hugs, kisses - and she's beautiful! Bella bambina! Va bene!
    xxoo
    delia & tim

    ReplyDelete