Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bliss, and a final farewell to 107 Regal

Being able to open the windows to sleep at night.

Monica and I haven't felt 65 degrees for what seems like months, and it was absolutely beautiful to be chilly last night.

Today looks like it's going to be gorgeous as well.

It's been one heck of a week, with folks visiting and helping Mom and Dad move. Yesterday, we moved almost all of the furniture to the new house. I also determined yesterday that when Monica and I buy a new house (not that we are, just when we get there) that we're buying one with the laundry on the first floor.

I can't tell you how glad I am that it wasn't 90+ degrees outside yesterday. I was soaked in sweat as it was. I can't imagine added another 10 degrees into the mix.

Mom pointed out to me that the new house doesn't have any 7s in the address. I figured out a couple of years ago that every house we've lived in that I can remember (actually since Sarah was born) has had a 7 in the address, and most have had a 1 and a 0 as well. There was 701 S. Church Street in Albany, then 1007 Courtland in Saybrook, then 7 Plymouth Ct, and finally 107 Regal.

I guess it is the start of a new era for my parents...one with no kids living at home, and grandkids coming to visit.

It's weird to see this house so empty, after 20 years of seeing it so full, and yet, everywhere I look--every corner, every wall, every closet--there is a memory, so I guess it's not really all that empty, because it's full of the memories of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment