Saturday, August 26, 2006

Paint

It's amazing the difference a little paint can make.

I had some "oat straw" left over from the big wall project (which I also used to paint Rachel's room), but just a little. I mixed what was left with some white primer to make a lighter shade of the brown, and painted our little hallway. I also repainted the trim around the doors and the mopboard so they would be bright white instead of looking like they hadn't been cleaned in 10 years.

I couldn't believe the difference it made. I knew we needed to do something to make our house look more crisp, but had no idea it would be that easy.

Tomorrow, I'm going to put a coat of white on the kitchen to brighten it up. I'm still not sure if I want to tackle the living room, though.

Our house got shown three times in two days early last week, but we haven't had anyone come by since Wednesday. Hopefully, we'll get some bites soon, and all of this work cleaning and moving stuff, and painting won't be in vain.

In our next house, we're not waiting two years to paint.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt' hear about moving and selling your house! What's the scoop?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete