Saturday, October 28, 2006

Back in touch with the real world...

We have been without Internet for just about 36 hours. The cable guy came last night and hooked us up, but I just hadn't gotten around to plugging in the wireless router. Too much other stuff to do, you know.

I find it hard to believe that by the end of the day today, we will be completely moved out of our old house. We're mostly done, but there are still some things in the garage and shed that need to be moved. We've got some people coming over today to help us out for a bit.

On Thursday night, Monica's brother Pete came over and helped us load the big moving truck. Yesterday, my friend Ed came to help us unpack it. Without the help of these two guys, we never would have gotten moved. I can't thank you enough.

The roof on the new house is in the process of being replaced, and hopefully it will be finished today so that tomorrow, we can unpack and get organized in peace and quiet.

I'll write more later about the crap we've been going through this past week with closing and loans and such. Right now, I need to get over to our old house so that we can be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment