Saturday, September 29, 2007

Because I'm a realist...

I'm very excited that the Cubs clinched the central division last night. I stayed up to watch the Brewers lose, allowing (in my opinion) the Cubs to back into the division series. If the Cubs had showed up in Florida at all, they would have clinched earlier in the week.

No way am I this excited:
Tribune Photo

The Cubs have been at this point four time during my life, and every time they've failed to deliver. They choked earlier this week in Florida, and have been inconsistent the whole year. I'm just waiting to see which Cubs team shows up for the playoffs.

If they make it to the World Series, I'll be excited. If.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:07 PM

    OK, Dude, be a buzzkill.... :)

    Just kiddin' - I'm right there with ya! I've been saying the same thing. Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete